Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What the hell is wrong with people on the West Coast?

I have been living on the West Coast for 5 years and I have never once been mistaken for a native. Everyone always says to me, "Oh you are definitely not from here." They say it in a non-abrasive, inoffensive, passive aggressive way (ways many West Coast natives have adopted) and they back it up with statements like, "Just because you're so direct, people always know where they stand with you, you don't take any bull-s***..." basically, nicer ways of saying that I can be a bitch sometimes.

Today, I went into a coffee shop and was freezing as soon as I walked in. Without missing a beat, I asked the barista if we could close the back door. Everyone at the same time breathed a sigh of relief and said, "it was so cold in here..." WHY the HELL didn't someone else just ask to close the door? It was so weird and just this small incident made me see the difference between west coasters and east coasters.

Don't get me wrong though... I do love living here. I just never forget where I came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment